DEACON FAMILY MINISTRY
A NEW WAY OF DOING . . .
Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Deacons will be starting a new hybrid "Deacon Family Ministry." A deacon will be assigned to each senior Church member and there will be another sign-up sheet for anyone regardless of age, who would like a specific deacon assigned to their family.
Other Church members may feel that their Sunday School class or other Church groups can minister to them appropriately and may not want a specific deacon assigned to them. In that case, they may choose to continue to use the Deacon Ministry Teams.
We hope this ensures that all of our members have someone they feel comfortable going to with any needs or concerns they may have.
The Deacons and the Personnel Committee will continue to work with Larry Dean, the consultant, to evaluate recommended changes to our Church structure/organization. ALL RECOMMENDATIONS will be brought to the Church
for a vote prior to making any changes.
Bereavement and Illness Team: (Service for members and their families dealing with sickness, surgery, and death. Includes visitation to homes, hospitals, nursing homes, etc., and support with funerals.)
Robert Brooks, Cliff McRoy, Tim Slaughter, Dale Turbyfill and Bobby Wortham
Terms Endng 2019
Gregg Danford / Jack Frazier / Cliff McRoy / David Raynor / Bobby Wortham
Terms Ending 2020
Jay Adcock / Dwayne Ayers / Scott Lindsay / Tim Slaughter
Terms Ending 2021
Ronnie Austin / Robert Brooks / Dexter Head / Tim McGlothlin / Mark Walton
Hospitality and Management Support Team: (Service for members and their families through mentoring, providing leadership and problem solving, and assisting with financial, stewardship, relationship, and other issues Includes delivering new member packets and fellowship with visitors.)
Jay Adcock, Dwayne Ayers, Gregg Danford, Jack Frazier, Dexter Head
and Mark Walton
Congregational Support Team: (Service for members and their families through prayer, ministering, and spiritual support. Includes contacting inactive members to see
if they are attending other churches and/or inviting them back to Pleasant Grove.)
Ronnie Austin, Scott Lindsay, Tim McGlothlin, David Raynor and
If you have a need or prayer request, please contact
the Church Office at 919-552-4634 or Jack Frazier.
1 Timothy 3: 8-13
8) Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9) Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10) And let those also first be proved; then let them use the office of deacon, being found blameless.
11) Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12) Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13) For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Deacon of the Week — Jonathan Walton / 919-427-0715
Alternate Deacon — Bob Wortham / 919-552-6426